POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Blurred reflections : Re: Blurred reflections Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:58:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred reflections
From: Alain
Date: 9 Feb 2018 20:22:37
Message: <5a7e495d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-02-09 à 07:19, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> On 2/6/2018 7:22 PM, Alain wrote:
>> Le 18-02-06 à 19:09, Mike Horvath a écrit :
>>> How do I get blurred reflections working in UberPOV? I had it working
>>> a few years go, but have since forgotten how. Thanks.
>>>

>>> Mike
>>
>> You only need to add roughness into the reflection block such as :
>>
>> reflection{0.9 metallic roughness 0.001}
>> or
>> reflection{1 fresnel roughness 0.001}
>> or
>> reflection{0.8 roughness 0.001}
>> or
>> reflection{0.1, 1 roughness 0.001}
>>
>> Normally, you also want to add specular highlights with the same
>> roughness amount.
>
> What would the correct way to update the following be?
>

> #local ldrawChromeFin=finish {
>   brilliance 6
>   diffuse 0.7
>   metallic
>   specular 0.80
>   roughness 1/120
>   reflection 0.8
> };
>

> Do reflection and specular each have their own blocks containing a
> roughness parameter?
>

> #local ldrawChromeFin=finish {
>   brilliance 6
>   diffuse 0.7
>   metallic
>   specular {0.80 roughness 1/120}
>   reflection {0.8 roughness 1/120}
> };
This could cause an error message.

> Mike

This way :
#local ldrawChromeFin=finish {
  brilliance 6
  diffuse 0.7
  metallic
  specular 0.80 roughness 1/120
  reflection {0.8 roughness 1/120 metallic}
}

The first metallic affect the specular or phong highlight. The metallic
in the reflection block affect the reflection only.
There is NO specular block.
Reflection may be used without a block which is the legacy syntax. In
that case, it will borrow the metallic of specular, but not the roughness.