POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HIPAA : HIPAA Server Time
18 May 2024 13:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  HIPAA
From: dick balaska
Date: 8 Feb 2018 19:10:15
Message: <5a7ce6e7$1@news.povray.org>
My son had tarsal coalitions, (bones in his feet fused together) and we
started that journey with a gait analysis.
http://pics.buckosoft.com/pic?b2005062205

I was excited to get a copy of the data. I thought I could POV-Ray the
data.  The hospital said they couldn't give me the data because of
HIPAA.  I asked the nurse what she meant. She said HIPAA was about data
privacy.  I said, no, the "P" in HIPAA actually means Portability, and
you have to provide me with the data in a reasonable format that I can
take to another health care provider. No vendor lock-in.  I was getting
upset, on principle, by then, because they were idiots. My wife was
trying to distract me from my quest and calm me down.

I pointed out they were actually in violation of HIPAA.  That got their
attention a little.  So they come back with "we can't give you the data
because we can't get it off of the machine."  I asked "what is the point
of the ethernet connection to the machine?"

Anyway, checkmate. I lost.

As we're leaving, they asked my wife to sign a waiver so they could use
the data for training purposes.  I overheard this and lost my shit.  I
was foaming. I screamed, "how can you use the data for training if you
can't get it off the machine!?!?"

My wife grabbed my arm and dragged me out ranting.

Then we went for ice cream.

--
dik
Rendered 920576 of 921600 pixels (99%)