POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to set the texture of the tiles like in this post? : Re: How to set the texture of the tiles like in this post? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:33:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to set the texture of the tiles like in this post?
From: Alain
Date: 31 Jan 2018 19:12:20
Message: <5a725b64@news.povray.org>
Le 18-01-31 à 08:08, mathzhaoliang a écrit :

> Hi: I'm trying to render the Penrose tilings like this:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4edaf05f@news.povray.org%3E/
>
> I could compute all the coordinates of the rhombus, but I dont know how to set
> the texture of the floor like the ones in the link. Can anyone help me with
> this?

It use the tiling number 25. This is a 6 colour pattern.
You need to provide a colour_map with 12 entries : 6 for the faces of
the tiles and 6 for the grout or space between the faces.
You may omit the grout entry if you want.
If you skip some entries, then you'll get faces with the same colour.

Something like this :
colour_map{
  [0   rgb<1,0,0>][1/6-0.001 rgb 0]
  [1/6 rgb<0,1,0>][2/6-0.001 rgb 0]