POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : POVTONS - WIP - Preview : Re: POVTONS - WIP - Preview Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:04:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVTONS - WIP - Preview
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Jan 2018 10:26:55
Message: <5a5a253f@news.povray.org>
On 13/01/2018 14:41, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> Well don't confuse me (with someone who gives a damn). ;-)
>
> I won't.  I'll just fuse you and wait until you head explodes.  :D

Been there, done that. People just think I'm smoking a "funny" cigarette. :)

>> I've always been a bit of a sook. :-)
>
> LOL.   I had to look up that little bit of colloquial jargon.

Yes, suck as in suck up. Either light or affection. :)

>> Is that really such a good idea? Wouldn't it mean that we would fall
>> through the floor and end up as a black hole?
>

> I'm not sure what it would mean except change of such a scale that most of the
> world wouldn't know what to do with it.

If the world were still there. I'm thinking more of the repulsive force.

> We're looking for The Monolith, and there's no telling what will happen once we
> find it.

Again do we want to? I'm thinking along the lines of an alarm that
announces that the rats have escaped from their cage.
Which reminds me of a very simple alarm system I saw once. I was working
in Taronga Zoo a couple of decades ago. I got a back room tour around
the monkey enclosure. Just as you came to the outer door there was a
small window with a banana on the inside ledge. If the banana was not
there then there was a very good chance that a monkey had escaped from
the inner enclosure and eaten the fruit. Simpler and cheaper than an
electronic alarm.

--

Regards
     Stephen