POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bitcoin : Re: Bitcoin Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:06:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bitcoin
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Dec 2017 09:51:03
Message: <5a43b357$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/12/2017 13:24, Kenneth wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>

>>> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42329014
>>>

>> Doesn't go far enough.
>> In my youth I heard old men talking about how things were much better
>> when they were young. Now as a member of that race. I too remember
>> things were much better when I was young.  Going on that premise There
>> must have been a "Golden age" in the distant past.
>>

> By my calculations, the Golden Age is a linear ever-shifting time period,
> exactly 52.3 years before the present time (+/- 4 months.)

I can see how you got that figure. Without actually doing any of the
calculations, you understand?
If you take 52.3 years as your starting point and recursive it by half.
That tends to 104.6 years which is where we get a discontinuity. Before
which it was the Greeks what dun it.

> The calculations are too complex to post here, unfortunately...

Surely you mean, too trivial? ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen