POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bitcoin : Re: Bitcoin Server Time
18 Jun 2024 16:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bitcoin
From: dick balaska
Date: 26 Dec 2017 18:36:25
Message: <5a42dcf9$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/26/2017 11:40 AM, Kenneth wrote:

>> ...and - on another note - you may have heard about the potential
>> dangers of smartphone screens (/blue/ light) and of those led car lights
>> to our vision. We are currently creating generations with blindness at
>> worst or severely diminished vision at best, according to scientists.
>
> Here in the US state of Virginia (in my area, anyway), police cars use a
> combination of ultra-bright red and blue strobe lights; the BLUE is so intense
> that I always look away from it-- out of necessity, because it hurts!

CT is the same.  From a mile away, they are fine and alert one to their
presence (which cracks me up how people drive to 200 feet and slam on
the brakes "OMG, a cop!").
But, driving through a scene, I can't see shit, like if a cop decides to
walk in front of my car.  If there's only one cop, I block the light
with my hand, but if there's multiples, I'm doomed.

> From what
> I've read, intense blue light is *really* damaging.

And yet, the auto manufacturers claim that the blinding Lexus blue
headlights are no more bright to oncoming traffic.

--
dik