POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paul Stamets Interview : Re: Paul Stamets Interview Server Time
17 Jun 2024 09:38:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paul Stamets Interview
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Dec 2017 02:30:48
Message: <5a3228a8$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/12/2017 00:38, Bald Eagle wrote:
> jr <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

> SDL is not intelligent.
> POV-Ray is not intelligent.
> The parser is not intelligent (just ask clipka!)
> The algorithm Thomas is using to arrange blobs in the form of a human is not
> intelligent.
> The people who write that code are.  (Don't hate me, Stephen!)  :)

Why would I do that?
I've never hated anyone, with the exception of my old school dentist.
And may she burn in Hell for the rest of eternity.

> The slime mold example seems to be a Clockwork Orange.

I had to look that up for the meaning.

> There is no objective
> autonomy which consciously makes decisions of its own accord.   There is a
> programmed array of cells that are acted on by its environment and responds in a
> certain manner.
> There doesn't seem to be much more intelligence there than a liquid adopting the
> shape of its complex container,

All of a sudden Fluidics springs to mind.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluidics

With a little bit of imagination, I can see the Fluidic amplifier, being
organic.

--

Regards
     Stephen