POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frivolities : Re: Frivolities Server Time
23 May 2024 19:49:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frivolities
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Dec 2017 11:50:21
Message: <5a29714d$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/12/2017 15:15, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH4RbV6ZuhY
>
> So, then
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrWlHRT-18
> is in Glasgow?

That clip is from Trainspotting*, set in Edinburgh. The capital of our
fair country. Often called the Athens of the north. They have a very bad
drug problem in certain parts of that fair city. (And a bad politician
problem in the centre. ;) )
In countries where a lot of Scots emigrated. They view Scotland through
rose tinted glasses. The same with the Irish.
If you want to see a programme set in Glasgow and not all heather and
scenery. Google "Rab C. Nesbitt" it is supposed to be set in wine ally,
Govan. My birthplace. It is a comedy and a lot of the youtube episodes
have subtitles.

* When I watched the film I could understand what was said. But when I
tried to read the book, I couldn't. It is from the wrong/other side of
the country. 40 miles away.

--

Regards
     Stephen