POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Planet View : Re: Planet View Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:42:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet View
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Nov 2017 02:54:53
Message: <5a1fb94d$1@news.povray.org>
On 30-11-2017 5:26, omniverse wrote:

> I can figure it must be something I don't understand about life forms
> "evolving", just that I get confused about the odd way such change takes place
> so decisively with only a certain kind of outcome, leaving all else as failure
> to exist.
>
> It's interesting anyhow, either way.

It isn't easy at all and even scientists are struggling with the concept
in its details. However, see it as a kind of continuous ironing out of
extremes. The dominant trait prevails and all the others (which are
still present somehow) are gradually (re-)absorbed or just disappear
because they are out-competed. There are as many ways in which this can
happen as nature can imagine (and nature is imaginative) and most happen
anyway at the molecular level through the gene flow.

--
Thomas