POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Planet View : Re: Planet View Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:33:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet View
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Nov 2017 16:31:33
Message: <5a1dd5b5$1@news.povray.org>
On 28/11/2017 19:52, omniverse wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 28/11/2017 17:56, omniverse wrote:
>>> I'm definitely not a "flat-earther", unlike some:
>>>
>>> https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-hopes-prove-earth-flat-230622888.html
>>
>> I read a similar article in the Washington Post (I think). He only
>> became a flat earther when he couldn't get finance on Kickstart and the
>> flat Earth society raised the cash. O_o
>> Smells a bit of stinking fish.
>
> Oooohhhh! Good thing the launch was postponed anyway, I was going to watch if it
> was on news or live streamed. Thought I had missed it.

I thought I had too. Although I had forgotten about it until your post.

> Didn't believe it would
> happen, but hey, Evel Knievel launched into the Grand Canyon in same way so I
> figured maybe this was actually going to be done too.
>
> And I was wanting to see how the flat Earth evidence would be gathered and
> presented.

Me too. :)
But they'll come up with another excuse. I bet you a pound to a penny on
it. (Odds of 240:1) Eh! Out of interest do you have any similar type
sayings?

> It's like the lawn chair balloon guy, probably too much faith in possibilities
> that I sure wouldn't attempt.

It is amazing what faith can do. Or not as the case may be.
Ach well. Evolution in progress. Another entry for the Darwin Awards. ;)

Talking about Darwin (and his finches).

Regards
     Stephen