POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpov : Re: qtpov Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpov
From: dick balaska
Date: 11 Nov 2017 03:41:53
Message: <5a06b7d1$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/25/2017 09:22 AM, dick balaska wrote:
> I started on qtpov.

I got a bit sidetracked with making a configurable colored editor,
because *that's* important. (It's better to look good than to feel good,
and darling, you look mahvelous).

Also, that gave me time to contemplate how best to attack websockets[1].

I was going to piggyback on the unix build and add a -N4041 option to
open a listen port on 4041. Without the option, it'd be a regular unix
build.

Perhaps a better approach, certainly easier, is to replace the unix
frontend with a websocket frontend. This is due to the message system
being point-to-point, instead of a buss.

I have the basic program built. It is DDS[2] but it builds.
I changed ./prebuild.sh to take a --websockets option to cause it to
generate the correct Makefiles. I'm not sure I like that from a user's pov.

I keep going back and forth as to whether the separate websockets binary
is better than a single unix binary that does traditional and websockets.

--
dik

[1] It's a stupid name.  Akin to javascript being a stupid name.
[2] DDS - Doesn't Do Shit.