POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpov : Re: qtpov Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:43:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpov
From: clipka
Date: 25 Oct 2017 11:02:47
Message: <59f0a797$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.10.2017 um 15:22 schrieb dick balaska:
> I started on qtpov.
> http://www.buckosoft.com/qtpov/g/qtpov.png

Go for it!

If you need /any/ assistance whatsoever, let us know.

Developing some brand-spanking-new frontend based on a
platform-independent framework has been on our agenda for quite a while
now (and as it happens Qt was our first choice for that purpose as
well), but none of the dev team has managed to collect enough Round
Tuits(tm) so far to actually make it happen.

> I wanted to be further along before saying anything, but...

It's further than I had come ;)

> qtpov (the editor) will launch povray and connect to it.  This is
> reversed from the Windows paradigm of pvengine calling the editor in a DLL.

In the terminology we usually apply to POV-Ray for Windows, qtpov
wouldn't be a called an editor, but a GUI. The "editor" in POV-Ray for
Windows is really just the 3rd-party syntax-highlighted multi-line text
input component.