POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.misc : nocomment : Re: nocomment Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:08:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: nocomment
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Oct 2017 13:19:31
Message: <59e24723@news.povray.org>
On 14/10/2017 13:42, Kenneth wrote:
> jr <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

>> sorry, my bad.  forgot to state it's for GNU/Linux systems, although, if
>> you do run something like 'cygwin' or 'mingw', that should work too.
>>

> :-(
>
> Well, there are two routes I can go (or both, if I ever have the time!):

I had a third route. It was to wait for you to work it out and get a
crib from you. ;-)

Since I read your post I thought I had better give it a go myself.
I downloaded Cygwin setup-x86_64.exe and installed it.
When I ran the installed program I then had to work out how to change
the directory to where the Makefile an .c file were. (Use "/" instead of
"\". E.g. $ cd F:/tga2df3_2/tga2df3_2 ($ is the prompt)
Then just type make and wait for the errors. They were caused by Cygwin
not automatically downloading everything. So reinstall over the original
installation and try again. Repeat and rinse until you get no errors and
the exe is created. It worked but took me a couple of hours.

So that is my crib. :-)
The files were from jr but not nocomment. it is a file for creating df3s.

Google, Google, Google,

--

Regards
     Stephen