POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stacking stones without overlapping : Re: Stacking stones without overlapping Server Time
2 May 2024 08:32:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacking stones without overlapping
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Jun 2017 02:54:42
Message: <594e0cb2$1@news.povray.org>
On 23-6-2017 21:19, Bald Eagle wrote:

> I will just say that there apparently has been much work done on exactly this.
>
> Makes for some very interesting reading.

Coastal engineering in the Netherlands has a worldwide reputation.
However, I do not think that they model/stack the sand grains
individually like we would like to do, and in fact that is far less
interesting for their purpose. What they model are the different scale
sediment transport mechanisms under variable space/time/sediment
availability/composition conditions.

--
Thomas