POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stacking stones without overlapping : Re: Stacking stones without overlapping Server Time
2 May 2024 08:58:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacking stones without overlapping
From: dick balaska
Date: 17 Jun 2017 02:12:46
Message: <5944c85e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-06-16 03:35, also sprach Stephen:

> I read the thread and if I understood it*. Sam used an external program,
> he developed himself, to calculate the positions of the grains.

I, too, use a Java program to position grains. I found SDL to be
hideously slow when doing a 1600 x 1600 loop. ;)
http://www.buckosoft.com/tteoac/video/frames/ttfo0177.png

I love Sam's idea; pick a position and then alter the blob's shape and
size to fit the position.

--
dik