POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : London under siege, a reply : Re: London under siege, a reply Server Time
22 Jun 2024 06:47:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: London under siege, a reply
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Jun 2017 17:20:50
Message: <59371cb2$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 20:41:50 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> I think John Oliver has got it right.
>
> http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/john-oliver-
late-show-tonight-london-terror-attack-london-bridge-response-
a7772901.html

Yep, we were cheering him on.

We have good friends who live in Bucks, and one of them used to work in
Richmond House.  We once asked them how they dealt with the constant
threat of terror from the IRA, and they said "We live our lives.  We're
not stupid about how we do that, but we also aren't going to let the IRA
make us afraid to live our lives and enjoy them."

Wise words.

Jim