POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Solar System : Re: Solar System Server Time
11 May 2024 07:04:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solar System
From: Stephen
Date: 31 May 2017 04:47:48
Message: <592e8334$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/30/2017 12:57 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Further work:
>
> Over the weekend I worked out the REAL way to do orbital inclinations, and
> processed the data for ~655,000 minor plants from:
> http://www.minorplanetcenter.net/iau/MPCORB.html
>
> You can clearly see why it's called the asteroid BELT.  :O
>
> Animated.   180 frames - took 9.5 hours to render.

I'm not too sure what I am seeing. I guess that the sun is on the LHS of
the animation and the white dots are the minor planets. Looking from
above the plane of the solar system.

It is not what I expected to see. But then reality is overrated IMO. :)

> (Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 went to sleep during the rendering - IIRC there's a
> patch or something I need to install to fix MS's screwup?)

There is an option to prevent Windoze sleeping in Pov's Render menu.
(Fourth from the bottom.)

--

Regards
     Stephen