POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: re Cassini : Re: re Cassini Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: re Cassini
From: scott
Date: 9 May 2017 04:06:25
Message: <59117881$1@news.povray.org>
> Sorry, I just find the claim that human generated CO2 is the be-all end-all
> cause of "global warming" --- I mean, "Climate Change".
>
> Correlation does not imply causation, and

Correlation of what? Man-made CO2 output and atmospheric CO2 levels? Or
atmospheric CO2 levels and global temperature? Both have pretty good
(and not too difficult for the non-scientist to understand) physical
explanations for the causation link.

> Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

It depends on the potential outcomes. You'd probably not want to wait
until you were 99% sure you were going to die of heart disease before
changing your lifestyle and allowing doctors to help you. Whenever
assessing any risk or failure mode, you need to take into account both
the chance of something happening AND how severe that event is.