POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...) : Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...) Server Time
16 Jun 2024 04:59:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kool-Aid Computer Wallpaper (Work In Progress...)
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 4 May 2017 16:46:04
Message: <590b930c$1@news.povray.org>
On 2017-05-04 01:50 PM (-4), Stephen wrote:
> In Kingston, no one mentioned the name but after I showed my power
> (don't ask but if I were a woman I would have been a spaewife, it is a
> long story) lots of people spoke to me.

Jamaicans are still falling for that kind of trick?  Columbus got the
indigenous Jamaicans (Tainos) to enslave themselves to him after he told
them that his God was angry with them and would make the Sun disappear.
Then the Sun disappeared.  The Tainos surrendered to Columbus, and
Columbus called on Yahweh and/or Jesus to bring the Sun back, and the
Sun came back.

It's too bad for history that Columbus hadn't sailed a few centuries
earlier and met the Mayans instead of the Tainos.  They would have
responded, "Yes, Señor Colón, we know there's a solar eclipse tomorrow."