POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linux : Re: Linux Server Time
27 Apr 2024 23:47:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux
From: clipka
Date: 9 Apr 2017 14:41:01
Message: <58ea803d@news.povray.org>
Am 08.04.2017 um 23:23 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> On 4/8/2017 3:39 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Is there a guide about usage on Linux? There is no POVray editor on
>> Linux, correct? How does one load a file and then start a render? Does a
>> render window appear?

You will need a stand-alone editor. Any ASCII text editor will do.

To start a render, you need to run POV-Ray from the command line and
specify the file to render as well as any options, like so:

    povray -kfi1 -kff100 myanim.pov

or

    povray myscene.ini

> Are these instructions current?
>
> http://www.povray.org/download/linux.php

No, they're pretty outdated.

As I said, download the package from GitHub, then follow the
instructions in `unix/README.md` within that package.