POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion : Re: Another random suggestion Server Time
29 Jun 2024 14:58:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another random suggestion
From: dick balaska
Date: 17 Mar 2017 14:26:37
Message: <58cc2a5d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-03-17 12:48, also sprach Stephen:
> On 3/17/2017 4:07 PM, dick balaska wrote:

>> That cuts both ways.  There was a Yale professor who wrote that maybe it
>> might be ok to wear a Halloween costume that may be considered mildly
>> offensive, and the snowflakes were not interested in the conversation;
>> and ran her, and her husband, out of town.
>> (I blame the parents, who have completely sheltered these kids their
>> entire lives.)
>>

> I blame the Americans who turned a cheap children's diversion into a
> money making racket.
> When I was a kid you got nuts and fruit for performing a party trick.
>
> Not for demanding money with menace.

Are you referencing Halloween specifically?

I am very disappointed with my generation.  As a teen in the 70s, we had
the most freedom of any generation of kids *ever*.  And we turned that
into being the worst overprotective helicopter parents.

We totally distrusted government (Nixon!) and now are totally fine with
government surveillance and F-15s buzzing the CT coastline because "they
are keeping us safe". Me: "Wtf?!? Safe from what!?"

--
dik