POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scots wha hae! : Re: Scots wha hae! Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:08:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scots wha hae!
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Mar 2017 12:33:20
Message: <58cc0fd0$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/17/2017 3:14 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 22:42:36 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Yep.  She really had to, but I think she did a great job of getting
>>> things lined up so she could say "we tried everything, and this is
>>> quite literally the only option we have left".
>>>
>> She did that. She is no one's fool.
>
> I wish we had a leader like her. :)

>>> Indeed.
>>>
>> I cannot believe how stupid people can be.
>
> Never underestimate the power of people to ignore what's right in front
> of their faces.

I know. Most people only see what they want to see.

> What's more, we all are "stupid" about something -
> sometime it's ignorance, or just missing something critical (I had a
> student in a class years ago who, for one of the labs, misread the
> instructions and used the examples in the book verbatim, rather than
> using the example as a guide to create a configuration file.  He got
> halfway through the lab before he started having problems, and had to go
> back and redo it.  Challenging thing for an instructor to deal with -
> catching him up without making him feel bad about such a mistake in front
> of the class (he was sitting in the front row, as I recall).

Easily done and kudos to you. But the important thing is did he repeat
his mistake?
That is teaching?

>>> Just goes to show - never get into a pissing match with the US when it
>>> comes to politics.  We'll always come back and say "here, hold my beer"
>>> and do something more stupid.
>>>
>> Don't you mean: "Here hold my... Oh! my F'n nose" :P BTW You don't give
>> a Glaswegian your weapon. ;)
>
> Actually, for us, it usually involves fireworks or guns.  'Murica.

Guns are for crims or fearties. A weapon is whatever you can get your
hands on. Be it a pencil or a shoelace.

>>> The UK had Brexit, but we had a Trump card.
>>>
>> And you're welcome to it.
>
> Now what did I ever do to you? :P

You live in places that are hard to visit. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen