POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scots wha hae! : Re: Scots wha hae! Server Time
28 Sep 2024 04:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scots wha hae!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Mar 2017 11:14:39
Message: <58cbfd5f$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 22:42:36 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> Yep.  She really had to, but I think she did a great job of getting
>> things lined up so she could say "we tried everything, and this is
>> quite literally the only option we have left".
>>
> She did that. She is no one's fool.

I wish we had a leader like her. :)

>>> Too horrible to think about. All parties were proponents of the big
>>> lie.
>>> Talk about a can of worms*
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
> I cannot believe how stupid people can be.

Never underestimate the power of people to ignore what's right in front
of their faces.  What's more, we all are "stupid" about something -
sometime it's ignorance, or just missing something critical (I had a
student in a class years ago who, for one of the labs, misread the
instructions and used the examples in the book verbatim, rather than
using the example as a guide to create a configuration file.  He got
halfway through the lab before he started having problems, and had to go
back and redo it.  Challenging thing for an instructor to deal with -
catching him up without making him feel bad about such a mistake in front
of the class (he was sitting in the front row, as I recall).

>> Just goes to show - never get into a pissing match with the US when it
>> comes to politics.  We'll always come back and say "here, hold my beer"
>> and do something more stupid.
>>
> Don't you mean: "Here hold my... Oh! my F'n nose" :P BTW You don't give
> a Glaswegian your weapon. ;)

Actually, for us, it usually involves fireworks or guns.  'Murica.

>> The UK had Brexit, but we had a Trump card.
>>
> And you're welcome to it.

Now what did I ever do to you? :P

Jim