POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Scots wha hae! : Re: Scots wha hae! Server Time
21 Jun 2024 01:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scots wha hae!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Mar 2017 08:18:51
Message: <58c7dfab$1@news.povray.org>
On 14-3-2017 9:33, Stephen wrote:

>>> I'm interested in hearing how Mrs May responds.
>>
>>  From Sturgeon's speech, it has not been very promising until now.
>>

> She is just mixing it, putting pressure on the Westminster government.
> Well, not just. Tactically it is probably the best time to further her
> cause for independence. If she left it any later the situation would be
> too uncertain to predict.

I agree. Her timing seems to have been very good and she seems to be a
good tactician too.

>>> I invoke Godwin's law.
>>
>> Indeed! Indeed! And the exchange had not even really started.
>>

> Ah! well, only a couple of days to go.

As for that, the whole mess seems not to have influenced the upcoming
elections tomorrow to any degree. Of which I am glad.

Otherwise, the little fight we seem to be involved in with Mr E from T
has a high degree of Chimpanzee Politics (see:
https://books.google.nl/books?id=XsrhU2vV5PIC&redir_esc=y)  ;-)

>>> What happened to the movement from a few years ago, for Flanders (I'll
>>> use the English term, not wanting to start any flame wars) to join the
>>> Netherlands?
>>>

>> It drifted away without a trace with the realisation that too much
>> separates us culturally speaking. It would never work. What does work
>> however is the cooperation successively known as Benelux and European
>> Union.
>>

> It just drifted out of my thoughts. I was wondering.

Utopia... :-)

--
Thomas