POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spectral locus : Re: Spectral locus Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:31:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral locus
From: clipka
Date: 13 Mar 2017 16:50:51
Message: <58c7062b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.03.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> So, I want to plot this locus.
>
> This site says it has 4400 data points.
>
> "This data set gives wavelengths every 1.0 nm, along with the associated
> CIE xyz values for the spectral locus of the 1931 CIE chromaticity
> diagram. They are called xyz values here as they are called that in the
> original source, but they are also known as xyY or XYZ values."
>
> https://rdrr.io/cran/SpecHelpers/man/CIExyz.html
>
> I can't figure out how to download them from that site, however.

To me this looks like the /documentation/ of some spectroscopy-related
maths package (which inevitably needs to include data tables like this one).

> Is there another source I can get them from?

You could get the CIE XYZ tristimulus data directly from the
International Commission on Illumination, aka Commission Internationale
de l'Eclairage, aka CIE, and compute xyY data from them "on the fly":

http://www.cie.co.at/

see the "Downloads" section, most notably "Selected Colorimetric Tables".

There's also the Colour & Vision Research Laboratory, which has an
extensive set of colorimetric data tables for download in various formats:

http://cvrl.ioo.ucl.ac.uk/

> Also, I'm guessing the data set will allow me to plot a bunch of points,
> which is great. But how do I create a smooth surface from those points?

Iterate over them to generate a mesh?