POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spectral locus : Re: Spectral locus Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spectral locus
From: clipka
Date: 13 Mar 2017 16:23:31
Message: <58c6ffc3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.03.2017 um 20:09 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> Translator needed:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Lab_color_space#CIELAB_images_in_article
>
> The guy I'm talking to here is German, and I don't understand what he's
> talking about. Would someone care to translate for me? Thanks.

Unfortunately he's trying to write English, so I'd have to guess as well
-- even though I'm also German.

BTW, his use of the word "remission" actually seems to be closer to the
English use than to the German one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remission_(spectroscopy)

Whereas (according to Wikipedia) the English spectroscopy term
encompasses both diffuse /and/ specular reflection, the corresponding
German term ("Remission") seems to refer only to the diffuse component.