POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion : Re: Another random suggestion Server Time
29 Jun 2024 14:55:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another random suggestion
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Mar 2017 17:33:57
Message: <58c47b55$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/11/2017 7:44 PM, Shay wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>
>> Science, for some, has become another form of religion. They might not
>> understand the details but they have "Faith". It is probably one of the
>> reasons that Mr Trump is able to "rubbish" experts. A lot of people are
>> loosing their faith. For lots of reasons.
>
> Damn right it's become a religion, replete with the kind of insane zealots who
> would curse me as a "round-Earth deny-er" for drawing my house in Autocad.
>
> The science-ian won't use "good" or "evil", but he's quick to use "right" and
> "wrong" or "smart" and "dumb" or "enlightened" and "primitive" or "progressive"
> and "regressive" to mean the same thing.
>
> Sure, he starts with facts (facts like "200 of 200 dogs observed consuming
> gasoline were dead within 6 days." But he then, like any other zealot, abandons
> proper reason for "reasonability." His true faith is in his own ("reasonable")
> intuitions.
>
> Anyone who believes in an objective position on cell harvesting is following
> some type of religion.

Harken to the words of STEPHEN. {Glory be to his Toenails and tremble*
at his utterances.}
It is all power over others. There seems to be an inbuilt desire for
people to believe in something bigger and better than themselves, for
divers reasons. So these people set themselves up as gods or prophets or
priests or vegans and use the gullible to enrich themselves. I don’t
think there is any getting away from it. As it was in the beginning so
it shall be for evermore.
Unfortunately Europe exported a lot of its malcontents to America and
there they prospered.
In my experience, there are so many good and decent people in America
who are drowned out by the vocal fruit loops that the world thinks that
is America.
Now I am stuck for what to say. I don’t really want to rant, maybe just
cry a little.
So keep your pecker up Shay and fight the good fight. It may come out
all right in the end.

* I said tremble not laugh. ;)

--

Regards