POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion : Re: Another random suggestion Server Time
20 Sep 2024 18:57:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another random suggestion
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Mar 2017 03:24:47
Message: <58c262cf@news.povray.org>

http://www.nature.com/news/fantasy-politics-over-fetal-tissue-research-1.21263?WT.ec_id=NATURE-20170112&spMailingID=5
> 3176252&spUserID=MjA1NzUyMzA4OAS2&spJobID=1082042362&spReportId=MTA4MjA0MjM2MgS2
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Is your faith not shaken in "scientific" polling?

I am foremost concerned these days by the way in which science and
scientific results are simply dismissed as irrelevant, lies, if not
'evil', by any person without the training/knowledge and for reasons of
his/her own, those being political and/or religious. Climate change is a
good example, especially in the US.

On the other hand, I agree with Mike in being concerned by some
'scientific' developments, especially in the areas of cosmetics and such
which only concern the money bag and which exploit human vanity and
futility. One can also be concerned for instance by the ridiculous
prices being asked for by laboratories for whole ranges of medicines
being developed for different ailments. However, what are alternatives?

--
Thomas