POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.3 Released : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.3 Released Server Time
27 Apr 2024 13:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.3 Released
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 26 Feb 2017 07:42:47
Message: <58b2cd47@news.povray.org>
On 02/25/2017 07:20 AM, Billabong wrote:
> Thank you so much for pushing forward for a new release stepping of Povray.
>
> I am new in this forum. I have been using V3.7 for some years and now trying out
> the beta releases. I am re-rendering some of the old competition sources and
> found a source file that crashes at parsing in beta.3 and also beta.2, but runs
> fine on the v3.7. I have a pretty standard machine running Win10.
>
> I don't know whether you are interested to use such source for debugging and how
> I can contribute such source?
>
> BR Billabong

Yes, interested. If you can prune down to some minimal set of SDL
causing the crash(1) - more interested :-). Pruned to a small number of
lines you can post it inline here. Otherwise largish text files can be
posted to the povray.text.scene-files group (or as an attachment to a
new github issue - needs to have a .txt suffix added). If you can create
zip files or tar files these can be posted as binaries to the
povray.binaries.scene-files group or again to github as an attachment to
an issue.

There is further detail on how to report bugs at the bottom of this wiki
page:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Contents

Bill P.