POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : how to generate transparent image : Re: how to generate transparent image Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:52:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to generate transparent image
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Feb 2017 18:40:31
Message: <58accfef$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/21/2017 10:59 PM, zhekai wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I did use sphere. But I am not sure if it is the same as
> the "sky sphere". Here is my mini example, and I used "-W1920 -H1080 -A0.3 +UA"
> to rendering it:

Just a quick reply.

You need to tell PovRay which version you are using as there is a
difference between the current 3.7 and 3.6

Your camera is looking at a white plane behind your spheres. That is one
reason you are getting no transparency.

Use a background colour with transparency set to 1

Like Bald Eagle it is a long time since I used the Alpha channel and a
long time since I slept. Maybe someone not in Europe will pick this up.

--

Regards
     Stephen