POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash in origin/master : Re: crash in origin/master Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash in origin/master
From: clipka
Date: 12 Feb 2017 10:09:26
Message: <58a07aa6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.02.2017 um 13:30 schrieb dick balaska:
> Am 2017-02-12 05:53, also sprach clipka:
>> Am 12.02.2017 um 10:43 schrieb dick balaska:
>
>>> Here's a stack trace:
>>
>> Hmmm... doesn't tell me much.
>
> Bummer, I was hoping there would be a recursive CheckCameraHollowObject
> lightbulb.

Nope; that's just traversal of a bounding box tree. Nothing strange there.

>> You might want to try the master branch up /now/. It reduces the
>> probability of /some/ type of crash.
>>

> Not so good.
>
> Interestingly, it doesn't build with --disable-optimiz
> $ ./configure --enable-debug --disable-optimiz COMPILED_BY="me"

To quote from `unix/install.txt` (which `unix/prebuild.sh` will copy to
`./INSTALL`), section 2.3 "Compatibility issues":

When configured with "--disable-optimiz", linkage may fail in some
cases, reporting undefined references related to
"boost::gregorian::greg_month". To work around this issue, use the
configure option "LDFLAGS=-lboost_date_time".

> I ran it several times and it always crashed with that trace.
> The good news is, it is something specific in my code that I should be
> able to narrow down to at least give you an sdl sample. It ran my
> credits scene fine. So it dies once I populate that room with my
> objects. I'll play with what object does it. (The picture of my naked
> wife on the wall?)

Providing me with a minimal test scene for further analysis is certainly
a good idea. (By all means try to replace that picture with something
less private though ;)