POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : grouping objects for transforms : Re: grouping objects for transforms Server Time
17 Apr 2024 21:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grouping objects for transforms
From: clipka
Date: 5 Feb 2017 13:39:27
Message: <5897715f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.02.2017 um 19:27 schrieb Klewlis:

> I want to build the wall laying down on the "concrete slab" then stand it and
> move it into place as one unit.  I am currently building the wall standing up
> which is not very realistic.

Maybe it helps to recall that an animation's frames do not all have to
have the same hierarchical strucuture; for instance, you can use:

    #declare Part1 = box {...}
    #declare Part2 = box {...}

    #if (clock < 0.5)

        // move items individually
        object { Part1 rotate ... translate ... }
        object { Part2 rotate ... translate ... }

    #else

        // move items together
        union {
          object { Part1 }