POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Colored shadows : Re: Colored shadows Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Colored shadows
From: scott
Date: 2 Feb 2017 08:01:42
Message: <58932db6$1@news.povray.org>
> I know this is not a realistic feature.
> Is there a way to specify that all shadows cast by one light are colored by some
> tint? (I'm not talking of the highlight color, but rather separate tint of the
> shadows and on a per light basis.)

You could try replacing your existing light_source with:

light_source{ color shadow_colour shadowless}
light_source{ color (X-shadow_colour) }

Where X is the original colour of your light, and shadow_colour is the
colour you want your shadows to be illuminated with.

eg:

light_source{<-10,25,-25> color rgb <0.4,0.0,0.0> shadowless}
light_source{<-10,25,-25> color rgb <0.6,1.0,1.0>}

Will give red tinted shadows, but still give white light for bits not in
shadow.