POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 : Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 1 Feb 2017 21:22:21
Message: <589297dd$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/01/2017 07:49 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> On 2017-01-11 11:37 AM (-4), clipka wrote:
>> If that fails, please provide us with the corresponding scene file, so
>> we can try to reproduce the problem on a Windows version, where we have
>> more debugging aids at our disposal.
>
> The very first two scenes I tried failed in the same manner that
> LanuHum's scene did.  (They also failed with alpha.8927145.)  Since
> then, all of the scenes I've tried have rendered successfully.
>
> Unfortunately, both of those first two scenes use an include file that
> is more than 1 megabyte.

Those first two scenes did not actually use the data in the 1 megabyte
file, so I dropped it, concatenated everything else into a single file,
then took a hatchet to the file.

Guess what?  The one thing those two scenes had in common that all my
other tests did not was Greek text.

This appears to be the same charset utf8 bug that ThH uncovered.  And
since LanuHum probably uses a lot of Cyrillic text, I'm guessing that
his is the same problem.