POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 : Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:47:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 1 Feb 2017 18:35:06
Message: <589270aa$1@news.povray.org>
On 2017-01-11 01:59 AM (-4), clipka wrote:
> POV-Ray 3.7.1 has now officially entered public beta testing phase.
> Source code and Windows binaries are available on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-beta.2
>
> (beta.1 was an internal release only.)
>
> The beta version is designed to install in its own dedicated directory,
> and live happily alongside an existing 3.7 installation.
>
> Happy testing!

The parser chokes on .ini files that are not in the current directory,
but are in the library path.

I wish I could say in what manner it choked, but the message was that
infuriatingly unspecific:

   Problem with option setting
   [Command line is echoed here.]
   Failed to parse command-line option

Once again, if the parser had given a more helpful message, I could have
saved nearly an hour and a half figuring out what went wrong.  I've been
complaining about this for five or six years now.  PLEASE FIX THIS!