POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion : Re: Another random suggestion Server Time
20 Sep 2024 18:57:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another random suggestion
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 17 Jan 2017 07:40:28
Message: <587e10bc$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/16/2017 8:05 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 16.01.2017 um 13:43 schrieb Patrick Elliott:
>
>> But, there is a backlash already. One ass had to sneak out of a town
>> hall meeting early, due to the 150 completely hostile people that showed
>> up, demanding to know how the frak they would keep their insurance,
>> given their individual situations, if they gut, and never replace, all
>> the provisions that specifically exist to make sure they can currently
>> get it at all, like the one for pre-existing conditions. lol
>
> Sounds like he was worried he might be gutted himself...

lol Yeah. There has been a massive backlash over this, once people
figured out that, "Whoops, this Obamacare thing is actually what I have
my insurance through, and the people I stupidly helped elect want to
kill it over *all of the stuff I actually like about it*."

Apparently, listening to the people that have been telling them all
along that Trump, the Tea Party, and all these damn American
hyper-libertarians was cutting our collective throats wasn't enough. Two
of the most perfect cartoons for this idiocy too, both commented on by a
blogger I read a lot today:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/files/2017/01/thetest.jpg
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/files/2017/01/The-Church-Unprophetic.jpg

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get