POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 : Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 Server Time
4 May 2024 20:53:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2
From: StephenS
Date: 14 Jan 2017 11:28:31
Message: <587a51af$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/01/2017 2:50 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Hm... I'll have to check with Chris whether he also used Visual Studio
>> 2010 for the beta editor DLLs. (The beta does need its own version of
>> the DLLs to not interfere with an existing installation of 3.7.0 proper.
>> Other than that they should be interchangeable, though the beta DLLs
>> also contain some bugfixes.)
>
> Chris just informed me that the editor DLLs have been built with Visual
> Studio 2015, so they may or may not work on XP. Please do let us know
> how you're faring.

On WinVista home premium sp2 64-bit
All three POV-Ray application files run fine, no problems noted.
pvengine, pvengine-sse2, pvengine64(default).

On WinXP sp3 32-bit
pvengine and pvengine-sse2(default), POV-Ray runs fine, the editor has
problems opening a file tab.

 From windows_explorer, click-hold-drag drop on editor works, new tab is
opened.
Menu/File/recently used list, select, new tab is opened.
Open icon, select file - open, no new tab is opened.
Menu/File/Open, select file - open, no new tab is opened.

Still working through some combinations.

Stephen S