POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion : Re: Another random suggestion Server Time
19 Jun 2024 15:39:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another random suggestion
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 12 Jan 2017 17:54:02
Message: <5878090a$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/12/2017 04:09 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Christoph's had some worrying aspects about how science is
> viewed/presented in a popular way. This is another - darker - aspect:

http://www.nature.com/news/fantasy-politics-over-fetal-tissue-research-1.21263?WT.ec_id=NATURE-20170112&spMailingID=53176252&spUserID=MjA1NzUyMzA4OAS2&spJobID=1082042362&spReportId=MTA4MjA0MjM2MgS2

The writers of said science fiction saga do not believe in facts.  You
can show them the evidence, the videos, the fossils, the birth
certificates, and even the confessions and apologies of their own
Republican leaders, and they will dismiss it all out of hand, because
the facts stubbornly refuse to conform to their fixed beliefs.

BTW, "fixed beliefs" is *their* terminology.

Their attempt to redefine science is nothing new.  They've been trying
for years to force scientists in the USA to include the supernatural in
their theories.  This, of course, fits into their narrative that reality
is defined by what they believe.  If the scientific method isn't to
their liking, they just redefine it, and cry "unfair" when scientists
explain that they don't get to do that.

We've even got an Australian immigrant, who's found fertile ground in
the USA, lecturing scientists on what is proper science!  And he's
conned the Kentucky legislature into giving him a huge tax break on a
big boat on dry land, because if scientists knew what they were doing,
they'd obviously understand that children rode bareback on velociraptors
before the Big Flood.

This is the mindset of approximately a quarter of all USAmericans.