POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Results : Re: Results Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Results
From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 10 Nov 2016 00:34:06
Message: <582406ce@news.povray.org>
Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> If *I* am the one espousing optimism, then
> maybe hell has finally frozen over!

The Cubs won the World Series.  I said to myself, OMG, this is the first
sign of the Apocalypse.

This is literally true.  I am neither superstitious nor particularly a
sports fan, but this was, in fact, the first moment I began to feel fear
for my country.  How idiotic is that?

It never occurred to me that anyone could bring out the White Trash vote
to that extent.  (Indeed, many of them, being convicted felons, aren't
allowed to vote.)

It never occurred to me that anyone who had expressed such hatred of
Hispanics could ever carry Florida.

It never occurred to me that anyone who had expressed such contempt of
working people could ever get their vote.

IIRC, I was five or six years old when I began to suspect that most
people in the world were irremediably stupid.  And yet, and yet, it
never occurred to me that they were remotely capable of taking over.

One may hope for miracles.  A sinkhole could open under Trump Tower and
consume whatever vermin might be infesting it.  A giant meteor could
strike the podium on Inauguration Day and rid the world of a number of
cancers.  Or, or maybe, maybe, a Rift in the Space-Time Continuum could
open up in my front yard and Lazarus Long and his Magic Starship could
appear and carry me away to a place where people are intelligent and
kind, and dogs are revered as brethren and the makers of our species,
and stupid shit like this Does Not Happen.

Bah.  Humbug.  Time to stock up on canned food and ammo.

Sherry "Don't Blame Me; I Voted For Hillary" Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+