POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads : Re: 637 is "Always and Forever" Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 637 is "Always and Forever"
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Oct 2016 12:48:07
Message: <58010c47$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 02 Oct 2016 18:21:20 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> Fair enough I take the hint.
>
> Beau Brummel variation:-
>
> Where the next move must be made in a timely and fashionable manner
> employing cultivated transportation between stops of interest that will
> not bring a blush to the faces of our fine ladies or gentlemen.
> Naturally local knowledge of foreign parts will be respected and only
> incontrovertible evidence is supplied. (Clause xxiii)
>
> It is fashionable to leave Bath for the cities, at this time of year. So
> let’s start by taking the waters before we commence.
> Bath. That’s Jim’s move now, John.
>
> xxiii In this case the accuser will be deemed not to be a gentleman nor
> one of those of the fairer sex. Thus Huffing themselves until they run
> out side, turn round three times in a widdershins direction, spit on the
> ground and buy a round of drinks.

Somehow I hadn't noticed the subject on this post - 637 is a number
that's near and dear here....it's an error code in a product I was/am a
SME in that indicates a serious issue that can be easy to fix, and I was
involved in some of the original work done on how to fix it. :)

Anyways.....

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/12/google-creates-ai-
program-that-uses-reasoning-to-navigate-the-london-tube

It seems that Google is learning how to play Mornington Crescent.  Now
that's terrifying.