POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Orientation and left handed frame : Re: Orientation and left handed frame Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:48:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orientation and left handed frame
From: clipka
Date: 7 Oct 2016 12:38:19
Message: <57f7cf7b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 07.10.2016 um 17:08 schrieb lelama:

> After this discussion, I come with a question:
>

> I was thinking about replacing the folloing sentence in the documentation :
>

>     "In a right-handed system we use our right hand for the "Aerobics"."
>

> By the following:
>

>     When a right-handed system is used in Pov-Ray,  we use our right hand
>     for the "Aerobics", both for the coordinate system
>    and for the rotations.

I second this change...

>     A rotation of 90 degrees around the vector +X sends the vector +Y
>    to the vector +Z, in any system, left handed or right handed.

... but this sentence is both redundant and, for that section of the
docs, overly technical...

>    There is no option to change this behaviour.

... and this is information most members of that section's target
audience won't care about.

Remember that there is such a thing as too much information; people need
to be able to digest the package of information we provide them with,
and this section is part of the docs intended for people who aren't
accustomed to heavy meals.

I guess the reference section about rotations would be a more suitable
place to go into technical details.