POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Proposed informational table for tiling pattern section. : Re: Proposed informational table for tiling pattern section. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 18:53:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposed informational table for tiling pattern section.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 27 Sep 2016 09:12:34
Message: <57ea7042$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/26/2016 07:15 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 9/26/2016 5:38 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
>
> hmmm ... /thought/ this was the whole point of this addition

> your addition ... didn't you test /all/ those out for yourself. that's
> why i threw this back into your court. some of the results looked
> questionable to me. as for scale <5,1,5> ... either that or move camera
> closer is all ... your code so do what you think is best
>
> be my guest ...

OK. I'll put in a pull request to update tiling.pov.

What we have today is OK & looks good if all people want to do is tile a
floor with one of the patterns.

Where we want to do more with tiling and pavement patterns, it is often
necessary to know the basic tile's scaling. It is this latter
'information' we are aiming to make easily accessible somewhere.

These scalings do not necessarily mean repeatability of the unit square
after scaling - though that is often the case.

I'll change penrose to Penrose in tiling.pov.

FYI. Jérôme created the tiling and pavement patterns and is our expert.

Bill P.