POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads : Re: A new branch Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new branch
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Sep 2016 11:42:42
Message: <57e941f2$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 16:21:41 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 9/26/2016 4:11 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Sergey Prokofiev
>

> Run away with your fingers in your ears.

That piece was quite loud, yes.  There was a familiar movement - the
March - but yeah, quite dissonant.

> Don't like modern classical. :(((((

I've been surprised by a few modern pieces - Gabriel Prokofiev's piece
made heavy use of syncopation, but it wasn't just loud.  It was pretty
nuanced, if highly complex.

I was very surprised last year by Giya Kancheli's Nu.Mu.Zu. - we saw a
premiere performance of that as well, and it was incredible.

http://www.seattlesymphony.org/about/newsroom/pressrelease/
kanchelistreamingdownload

That recording was made from our performance, as I recall - but it does
lose something when listening to a recorded version.  The most intense
parts, actually, were the completely silent parts.

Jim