POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads : Re: A new branch Server Time
6 Oct 2024 19:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new branch
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Sep 2016 05:18:31
Message: <57e79667$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/25/2016 9:32 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Doctor John wrote:
>>
>> Now I'm as far away from Jim as it is possible to get (on this board
>> anyway)
>>

> Now wait a minute...WAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIT a minute!  What happened to
> Marsport???  I've been waiting for Venusburg!!!  Luna City!!!  Something
> involving an old dude with a dirty rag tied over his eyes playing an
> accordion on the banks of the Grand Canal!!!*
>
> Seriously, guys.

I know. Earth lubbers, the pair of them. That why we will never get to
Diaspar in this game.

> --Sherry Shaw
>
> * BTW, if you're going to gather 'round the alcohol dispensing station

Yes and the coffee shops. :-D

> and sing the Green Hills,

Drat! Looks like I have lost some more sectors from that plasma storm.

> you should sing it to the tune of "Find the
> Cost of Freedom"...it works on so many levels.

If it is in the natural rhythm of the English language then it must be
"The Green Hills Of Tyrol" for Tyrol read Earth.

<Disclaimer> There are other home planets available. </Disclaimer>

--

Regards
     Stephen