POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Texture testing needed : Re: Texture testing needed Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:01:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture testing needed
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 6 Sep 2016 16:36:14
Message: <57cf28be@news.povray.org>
On 09/06/2016 06:33 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:

> I'm off to try this latest refactor/texture with additional scenes -
> especially some with meshes.
>
> Bill P.

Found a case where some shadows changed with the last refactor/texture
and stayed the same with this last version. Experimented quite a bit and
unable to find a normal or finish option which triggers it though able
to change the signature in the shadows some.

Files attached. (Differences at 8x absolute value to better see them)
Maybe this is a case which will let us run down the differences in
shadow rays & shadow cache numbers...

FYI - I'd argue differences small enough to ignore in this material, but
does appear to be a change due the texture refactoring.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'nk0278__e.pov.txt' (5 KB) Download 'storynk0278_brill_max1_norad.jpg' (229 KB)

Preview of image 'storynk0278_brill_max1_norad.jpg'
storynk0278_brill_max1_norad.jpg