POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Texture testing needed : Re: Texture testing needed Server Time
29 Apr 2024 19:55:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture testing needed
From: clipka
Date: 5 Sep 2016 08:33:42
Message: <57cd6626$1@news.povray.org>
The texture refactoring has progressed some more; in addition to the
features mentioned earlier, testing would be welcome for:

- Finish properties: Nothing should have changed here.

- Smooth meshes and other objects that "fake" a smooth surface: The
handling of surface normals /has/ changed, and should be more
well-behaved; most notably I should have gotten rid of the
interior_texture-on-outside artifacts!

Again, a source code-only version can be found here:

    https://github.com/c-lipka/povray/tree/refactor/texture