POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads : Re: Long threads Server Time
7 Oct 2024 05:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long threads
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Aug 2016 02:01:18
Message: <57b2ac2e$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/16/2016 12:41 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 09:42:46 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Er, I mean "well spotted, Stephen!" ;)
>>>

>> Oh! yes. I have my beady eyes on both of you. I smell the stink of
>> collusion.
>
> Us?  Nah, we wouldn't do that. :)

Oh! Yes! you would. ;)

>> Indeed not.
>> I brought the subject up and John's eyes filmed over. His outline
>> wavered and thinned. Then he shuddered and was back. It would only have
>> ended up as my nightmare journey was worse than your nightmare journey.
>> So we took it as said.
>
> LOL, that's about how I imagined it would go.

I know, as soon as I start thinking of some of my horrors. Some part of
my brain interrupts the train of thought. Squirrels! :)

>>> Good choice, but haven't we already been there?
>>>

>> Yes, so?
>
> Under rule 321 in the *standard* rules, loops that don't involve Heathrow
> Terminal 5 are generally discouraged unless you've been in nip.
>
> Oh, wait, you were at the pub.  Nevermind.

Right! And there was more than one nip involved. :)

> So it's John's go then.

Whenever!
I'm starting to think about invoking Lord Kelvin's 1871, variation. And
put him in Huff automatically whenever the second differential of
replies, falls below 0·92.

>> Enjoy your LinuxCon :)
>
> I shall.  Oddly enough, one of the other people in the advisory board
> isn't making the trip - he lives about 20 miles away from me, and he's
> actively avoiding travel, so he opted out.

I sympathise.

> So we're going to have a drink when I return. :)

Rule #2 :)

--

Regards
     Stephen