POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads : Re: Long threads Server Time
7 Oct 2024 05:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long threads
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Aug 2016 04:42:48
Message: <57b18088$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/14/2016 10:55 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2016 09:16:40 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> So given that while I was in Huff, the game stopped, I'm going to go -
>>> in memory of this trip, my move is Union Station.  It may be in Denver,
>>> but under rule 627(b)(iv), it's allowed if you've been on a train in
>>> the previous 4 days that has broken down.  The rule states that you
>>> may, at your option, pick any station on the line that you were on when
>>> the train broke down.  Since Union Station is the terminus, that fits
>>> the criteria. :D
>>
>> Well, that's a turn up for the books. I can see that you were studying
>> in your free time.
>
> HA!  Free time would've been the time I should've been sleeping.  Oh, but
> I didn't sleep much, so I guess that was what I was doing.
>
> Er, I mean "well spotted, Stephen!" ;)

Oh! yes. I have my beady eyes on both of you. I smell the stink of
collusion.

>> I'm heading out to the London Library to have a look at their copy of
>> the rules. I might even drop of at the mini-Povcon John has organised.
>> There we will endeavour to keep a straight face as we drink to your
>> trip.
>
> I'm going to bet that that endeavour will fail. :)

Indeed not.
I brought the subject up and John's eyes filmed over. His outline
wavered and thinned. Then he shuddered and was back. It would only have
ended up as my nightmare journey was worse than your nightmare journey.
So we took it as said.

>> So, hastening back to the designated locality. Leicester Square.
>
> Good choice, but haven't we already been there?

Yes, so?

>> BTW other than that. Did the trip go well? ;)
>
> It did, actually.  :)

Good.

> Next Sunday, I have another trip I'm taking (3
> days in Toronto for LinuxCon - not work-related).  I hope that one goes
> smoother.

I actively dislike travelling now. Especially if it involves airports. :(

Enjoy your LinuxCon :)

--

Regards
     Stephen