POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads : Re: Long threads Server Time
6 Oct 2024 21:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long threads
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Aug 2016 11:23:59
Message: <57a4af8f$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 13:59:23 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 05/08/16 04:04, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 21:36:31 +0100, Doctor John wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry I'm late lads. Bloody meeting went on for hours and, at the end
>>> of it, all that had been agreed was the date for the next one.
>>> [Glances at board and permits himself a wry smile]
>>
>> That's quite alright - life happens, even in the middle of a game of
>> MC. :)
>>
>>> Portland Place
>>
>> Hyde Park Corner, but without the moped this time.
>>

> [Thinks about Marble Arch on a bicycle. Rejects thought as suicidal]
> Tottenham Court Road (there are still a few interesting little stores I
> like wandering around)

Whoops, you just landed in huff - it's Stephen's go. :)

>>> [Uses brand new phone to call for pizza] Did I mention that I've got a
>>> new phone? Samsung S7 with 128GB of MicroSD
>>
>> Nice.  :)
>>
>> We made pizza from scratch last weekend - going to probably have
>> another go this weekend, as it was the first time we'd done the dough
>> from scratch as well, and it was a little puffy.
>>
>> Mine was tasty, but sadly A's was burnt (needed a little longer and we
>> lost track of time).
>>

> Sounds like a dedicated pizza oven is called for. Standard domestic
> ovens just can't get the temperature high enough.

I was thinking that maybe we need to blind bake it first.  Our oven does
a pretty good job.  I also didn't get it rolled thin enough, so while the
cheese was burnt, the center crust was actually raw on top.  I'm going to
use the same recipe, but divide the ball into thirds rather than half and
cover the same area with it - that should do the trick, I think.

>> Homemade tacos tonight, though we're not making the tortillas from
>> scratch, as that's just silly. :D
>>

> Aw, c'mon. If you can do pizza dough then tortillas are a doddle

Only if you have a tortilla press. :)

Jim