POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : To all on the left side of the pond : Re: To all on the left side of the pond Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:50:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To all on the left side of the pond
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jul 2016 12:10:07
Message: <578fa25f$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.07.2016 um 17:42 schrieb Doctor John:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/20/physicists_show_quantum_weirdness_of_neutrinos_over_longest_distance_yet/

"What gives people pause is, quantum mechanics is quantitatively precise
and yet it comes with all this conceptual baggage," said David Kaiser,
co-author of the study and professor of physics at MIT."

Well, I guess the problem isn't so much the baggage quantum mechanics
comes with, but the baggage our "common sense" comes with.

Anyway, there's a reason Schroedinger chose a cat for his thought
experiment. They're the only animals in the whole wide world that are
indeed /constantly/ in a superposition of different states. (They also
have that natural instinct for how they should be perfectly able to be
on both sides of the front door at once.)